Uninstall the MP drivers then reinstall to set up the printer for use over a wireless LAN- MX860
Uninstall the MP drivers then reinstall to set up the printer for use over a wireless LAN when you have replaced the printer or if you are experiencing wireless network communication or configuration issues.
1. Start the uninstaller
- In Windows Vista or Windows XP, select the Start menu -> All Programs -> "Your model name" -> MP Drivers Uninstaller.
- In Windows 2000, select the Start menu -> Programs -> "Your model name" -> MP Drivers Uninstaller.
The MP Drivers Uninstaller dialog box is displayed.
2. Execute the uninstaller
Click Execute. When the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
When all the files have been deleted, click Complete.
The deletion of the MP Drivers is completed.
If there is no uninstaller
If there is no uninstaller in the Start menu of Windows Vista, follow these steps:
1. Select the printer to be deleted
Select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
Click the model to delete, then press the Alt key on your keyboard. On the File menu, click Delete.
2. Delete the printer
If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue. Then when the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
The icon is deleted.
3. Select the printer driver to be deleted
Press the Alt key. On the File menu, select Run as administrator, and then click Sever Properties....
If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue.
Click the Drivers tab. In the Installed printer drivers list, click the printer to delete.
4. Delete the printer driver
When you click Remove..., Remove Driver And Package dialog box is displayed.
Select Remove driver and driver package, and then click OK.
In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
When data collection is completed in the Remove Driver Package dialog box, click Delete.
5. Click OK.
The deletion of the printer driver is complete.
1. Press the Menu button (A).
2. Use the or button (B) to select Settings, then press the OK button.
3. Select Device settings, then press the OK button.
4. Use the or button (B) to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
5.Make sure that Change WLAN/LAN is selected and press the OK button.
6. Select the Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
Installing the Software
note: If the Found New Hardware or Found New Hardware Wizard screen appears:
(1) Remove the USB cable connected to your computer. The screen may close. In this case, proceed from 1.(2) Click Cancel to quit the screen.(3) Proceed from 1.
1. TURN OFF THE MACHINE (A) .
important: Operating noise continues for about 30 seconds until the machine turns off. Make sure that the POWER lamp (B) stops flashing.
Go to Step 3
Go to Step 5
If the program does not start automatically, double-click the CD-ROM icon on the computer. When the CD-ROM contents appear, double-click MSETUP4.EXE.
3. AutoPlay screen appears, click Run Msetup4.exe.
4. User Account Control screen appears, click Continue. If the same screen reappears in subsequent steps, click Continue.
5. Click Easy Install. The drivers, application software, and on-screen manuals are installed automatically
Note : If you want to select particular items to install, click Custom Install and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation.
6. Click Install. Move the cursor over items to display explanations.
7. Select Use the printer on Network and click Next.
8. Read the License Agreement screen carefully and click Yes. Installation starts.
important: Follow any on-screen instructions to install the software.
9. When the Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes screen appears, click Next.
1. On the Setup Method screen, select Connect printer to the network for the first time, then click Next.
When a confirmation screen for the machine's LAN setting appears, click OK.
2. When the Printer Connection screen appears, connect the machine to the computer with a USB cable. When a confirmation screen for the machine's LAN setting appears, click OK.
Set up the machine over a USB connection until the network connection is complete.
3. Turn on the machine (A).
When the machine is recognized by the computer, a message appears on the screen
If installation does not continue after 10 minutes, click Help on the screen in step 2 , then confirm the message
4. When the Setup Preparations dialog box appears, confirm that preparation is complete, then click Next.
If the following dialog box appears:
When the Access Points dialog box appears, select an access point to use, then click Connect.
When an access point is detected automatically, the Access Points dialog box does not appear.
To connect to the access point with WEP, WPA or WPA2 displayed in the Encryption column, enter the network key, then click Connect. For details on network keys, refer to "3.1 About Network Key (Windows)/Network Password (Macintosh)" in the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
If you want to select an access point manually, or if the target access point is not displayed in the list, or if an error message appears, refer to "5 The following screen is displayed during setup" in the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
Windows Vista : Skip to Step 6
Windows XP/2000 : Continue at Step 5.
5. Windows XP/2000
When the Network Setup of the Card Slot dialog box appears, specify the drive letter, then click Next.
Note : If an error message appears, refer to "5 The following screen is displayed during setup" in the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting
6. When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, remove the USB cable, then click Next.
Note :To change the port name, click View Setup Results, then click Set Port Name. For details, refer to "8 Changing the port name" in the printed manual: . Network Setup Troubleshooting
I f Unsafe Removal of Device is displayed, click OK.
7. TURN OFF THE MACHINE (A), then place the machine in the location where you will use it, and turn on it.
8. On the Connection Performance Measurement dialog box, click Next. Measuring of the communication status starts, and the results are displayed.
Note : Measuring takes a few minutes. You can cancel measuring by clicking Cancel. You also examine the detailed status of the communication link after setup by using the Canon IJ Network Tool.
9. Confirm the measurement results, then click Finish.
Ensure that is displayed in Connection Performance between the Printer and the Access Point.
Note : If any symbol other than is displayed, refer to displayed comments and Help for improving the status of communication link.
To check whether the new location is better, click Remeasurement. Measurement of the communication status is performed again.
When any message on Overall network performance appears in the measurement results, rearrange the machine and other network devices following the instructions on the screen.
Wireless setup is complete.