Back
Canon : Product Manual : EOS-1D X Mark III : Safety Instructions
Article ID: ART176365 | Date published: 02/03/2020 | Date last updated: 02/20/2020
 

Description

Canon : Product Manual : EOS-1D X Mark III : Safety Instructions

Solution

Safety Instructions

Safety Instructions

Be sure to read these instructions in order to operate the product safely.

Follow these instructions to prevent injury or harm to the operator of the product or others.

Warning WARNING:
Denotes the risk of serious injury or death.
  • Keep the product out of the reach of young children.

    A strap wrapped around a person's neck may result in strangulation.

    The parts or provided items of cameras or accessories are dangerous if swallowed. If swallowed, seek immediate medical assistance.

    The battery is dangerous if swallowed. If swallowed, seek immediate medical assistance.

  • Use only power sources specified in this instruction manual for use with the product.
  • Do not disassemble or modify the product.
  • Do not expose the product to strong shocks or vibration.
  • Do not touch any exposed internal parts.
  • Stop using the product in any case of unusual circumstances such as the presence of smoke or a strange smell.
  • Do not use organic solvents such as alcohol, benzine or paint thinner to clean the product.
  • Do not get the product wet. Do not insert foreign objects or liquids into the product.
  • Do not use the product where flammable gases may be present.

    This may cause electric shock, explosion or fire.

  • Do not leave a lens or a camera/camcorder with a lens attached, exposed without the lens cap attached.

    The lens may concentrate the light and cause fire.

  • For products featuring a viewfinder, do not look through the viewfinder at strong light sources such as the sun on a bright day or lasers and other strong artificial light sources.

    This may harm your vision.

  • Do not touch the product connected to a power outlet during lightning storms.

    This may cause electric shock.

  • Observe the following instructions when using commercially available batteries or provided battery packs.

    • Use batteries/battery packs only with their specified product.
    • Do not heat batteries/battery packs or expose them to fire.
    • Do not charge batteries/battery packs using non-authorized battery chargers.
    • Do not expose the terminals to dirt or let them come into contact with metallic pins or other metal objects.
    • Do not use leaking batteries/battery packs.
    • When disposing of batteries/battery packs, insulate the terminals with tape or other means.

    This may cause electric shock, explosion or fire.

    If a battery/battery pack leaks and the material contacts your skin or clothing, flush the exposed area thoroughly with running water. In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with copious amounts of clean running water and seek immediate medical assistance.

  • Observe the following instructions when using a battery charger.

    • Periodically remove any dust buildup from the power plug and power outlet using a dry cloth.
    • Do not plug in or unplug the product with wet hands.
    • Do not use the product if the power plug is not fully inserted into the power outlet.
    • Do not expose the power plug and terminals to dirt or let them come into contact with metallic pins or other metal objects.
  • Do not place heavy objects on the power cord. Do not damage, break or modify the power cord.
  • Do not wrap the product in cloth or other materials when in use or shortly after use when the product is still warm in temperature.
  • Do not unplug the product by pulling the power cord.
  • Do not leave the product connected to a power source for long periods of time.
  • Do not charge batteries/battery packs at temperatures outside the range of 5 - 40 °C (41 - 104 °F).

    This may cause electric shock, explosion or fire.

  • Do not allow the product to maintain contact with the same area of skin for extended periods of time during use.

    This may result in low-temperature contact burns, including skin redness and blistering, even if the product does not feel hot. The use of a tripod or similar equipment is recommended when using the product in hot places and for people with circulation problems or less sensitive skin.

  • Follow any indications to turn off the product in places where its use is forbidden.

    Not doing so may cause other equipment to malfunction due to the effect of electromagnetic waves and even result in accidents.

Caution CAUTION:
Denotes the risk of injury.
  • Do not fire the flash near the eyes.

    It may hurt the eyes.

  • Do not look at the screen or through the viewfinder for prolonged periods of time.

    This may induce symptoms similar to motion sickness. In such a case, stop using the product immediately and rest for a while before resuming use.

  • Flash emits high temperatures when fired. Keep fingers, any other part of your body, and objects away from the flash unit while taking pictures.

    This may cause burns or malfunction of the flash.

  • Do not leave the product in places exposed to extremely high or low temperatures.

    The product may become extremely hot/cold and cause burns or injury when touched.

  • Strap is intended for use on the body only. Hanging the strap with any product attached on a hook or other object may damage the product. Also, do not shake the product or expose the product to strong impacts.
  • Do not apply strong pressure on the lens or allow an object to hit it.

    This may cause injury or damage to the product.

  • Only mount the product on a tripod that is sufficiently sturdy.
  • Do not carry the product when it is mounted on a tripod.

    This may cause injury or may result in an accident.

  • Do not touch any parts inside the product.

    This may cause injury.

  • If any abnormal skin reaction or irritation occurs during or following the use of this product, refrain from further use and get medical advice/attention.


SIMS Doc Id

1579295315